MSPrebiotic® Espresso Mousse
- 1½ cups Semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Instant Espresso powder
- ¾ cup Whipping cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. MSPrebiotic®
Takes , serves 7 servings.
- In a bowl, over a double boiler or in a microwave oven, melt the chocolate with instant espresso powder, and 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of heavy cream. Mix to combine well and let it cool.
- In another bowl, whip egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the remaining cream and MSPrebiotic® until semi-firm peaks form. Set aside.
- Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate mixture and combine with a whisk.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture, and then gently stir in the rest. Making sure not to deflate the whipped cream.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the chocolate-cream mixture until no streaks of whipped cream and egg white is visible in the mixture. Be careful not to over mix and lose the volume of the mousse.
- Spoon the mousse or pipe it from a pastry bag into glasses or cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set.
VariationsWhite Chocolate Mousse
Follow Espresso mousse recipe. Substitute chocolate with white chocolate and no addition of instant espresso powder.
Follow Espresso Mousse recipe. Substitute chocolate with Nutella and skip step #1 and just mix Nutella with 2 Tbsp. of heavy cream. Set aside.