MSPrebiotic® Homemade Sour Cream
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup Buttermilk (Cultured) 2%
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. MSPrebiotic®
Takes , serves 8 - 2 Tbsp. servings.
- In a sealable container, such as a mason jar, combine buttermilk, heavy cream, lemon juice, and MSPrebiotic®. Seal container and shake well to combine.
- Keep out at room temperature for 24 hours.
- On the next day, open the container and scoop out the sour cream. If using heavy cream, a layer of liquid may form at the bottom of the container and should be drained off to prevent the cream from thinning out.
- Transfer sour cream to a clean, sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use or up to 1 week.