MSPrebiotic® Quinoa Salad with Pecan Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Pecan, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, Chopped
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp MSPrebiotic®
- 4 Tbsp Italian Parsley, Chopped
- 2 cups Quinoa, Cooked
- 1 cup Carrot, Julienned
- ½ cup Dried Cherries
Takes serves 2 servings (1½ cups per serving).
- Place crushed pecans in a cold sauté pan.
- Heat the pan over medium low heat until the pecans are fragrant and start to lightly browning.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place the pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil to the bowl containing the pecans. Whisk the mixture together and let infuse for 15 minutes.
- Ensure the mixture is cool to the touch, then whisk in the MSPrebiotic.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked quinoa, carrots, dried cherries and parsley. Pour over the pecan vinaigrette.
- Toss well, divide into 2 portions and garnish with additional pecans.